David Smith Elementary School
| | Delaware, Ohio 43015
Phone: (740) 833-1350
Fax: (740) 833-1399
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Educational Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Amanda Loyer, Administrative Assistant
Ann Kanode, Administrative Assistant
August 10: Back to School Open House 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
August 12: First Day of School for Grades 1 through 4
August 12, 13 & 14 Staggered Start for Kindergarten Students
August 17: First Full Day for Kindergarten Students
August 25: Kindergarten Curriculum Meeting 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
August 26: Grade 1 Curriculum Meeting 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Grade 2 Curriculum Meeting 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
September 1: Grade 3 Curriculum Meeting 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Grade 4 Curriculum Meeting 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
TRANSPORTATION-MORNING DROP OFF PROCEDURE
will be starting a new morning drop off procedure at Smith School
starting on Monday, April 13th. The new procedure will be as follows:
All students dropped off in a car should be dropped off on N. Liberty Street. There are two options for your drop off:
1. Drop off your student on the sidewalk in front of Smith School (traveling South on N. Liberty Street).
- There will be a drop off zone in front of the school signified by cones.
- Drivers should not get out of their car to open doors for their child.
- Students should only exit the right side of the car onto the sidewalk. For safety purposes, we do not want students exiting into the middle of N. Liberty Street.
will be no parking in this line. In order to keep the line moving, we
are asking those cars that need to get an item (project, instrument,
etc.) out of the trunk to use Option 2.
- If you arrive early, we ask that you not park in the line, as many students still need to be dropped off.
2. Park on N. Liberty Street (traveling South) between Pennsylvania Avenue and Heffner Street.
**Child safety is
our first priority, and your helpfulness and cooperation are needed.**
- This option should be utilized when you need to get an item out of your trunk or you need to assist your student.
- All students who exit on the westbound side of N. Liberty Street will be required to walk to the crosswalk at Liberty and Heffner to cross the street.
- There is a crossing guard on duty at the corner of N. Liberty and Heffner Street at 8:10 a.m.