Steps in the Teacher Selection Process
(This process typically requires a minimum of two visits to our district by the applicant)
A. Preliminary Interview
- Student teaching should be completed (exceptions may be made for those applicants doing student teaching during the spring quarter or second semester).
- Be available to schedule an interview during office hours.
- Interviews may be conducted by the Executive Director of Human and Material Resources or the building principal.
B. Final Interview
- If selected as a finalist from a preliminary interview, you will be invited to participate in job interviews for specific positions.
- The job interview will usually take place in the building where the position exists and will involve the principal and other staff and community members.
- All applicants who participate in a job interview will be notified as to their status regarding the position.
- If selected for to be recommended for employment, you need to meet with the executive administrative assistant in the Human and Material Resources Office to complete the criminal record / background checks ($55 paid for by the applicant), and complete further pre-employment requirements.
- All offers and recommendations for employment are contingent on satisfactory background check reports, reference checks, licensure and approval of the Board of Education.