Proposed School Calendar 2024-2025
The Board of Education held a first reading for the proposed 2024-2025 school calendar.The school calendar was developed by a committee of teachers, classified staff and administrators in an effort to provide the greatest educational benefits to our students. It is difficult to create a school calendar that meets everyone's needs, but the following factors were considered by the calendar committee:
- Meeting the required number of instructional hours at all grade levels
- Maximizing instructional days prior to state assessments and testing
- Maintaining a full week for spring break
- Developing a calendar that works with the state testing schedule at all grade levels
- Aligning to neighboring districts/DACC for shared transportation considerations
The Board of Education will adopt a final school calendar at their December board meeting. Share your comments by sending an email to WeAreListening@delawarecityschools.net.