Hayes HS Parking Rules
Limited parking is available for students at Hayes High School. Seniors will have first priority for these limited spaces. Any left over spots will be given to Juniors and then Sophomores. Students who plan to drive to school must purchase a parking permit for $20.00 to cover the cost of signs, permits, paint, etc. and register their car with the Main Office. This will be done during the Back to school/Schedule pickup days in August.Parking passes allow students to park in the student parking lot; specific parking spots will not be assigned. Students are not permitted to loiter in the parking lot. If driving to school and using the parking lot facilities, students must adhere to the following rules:
- The speed on school grounds shall not exceed 10 m.p.h.
- Student vehicles are not permitted in bus alley. This is in effect from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Pedestrians and school vehicles have the right-of-way.
- Students may not sit for extended times in vehicles parked in the lot, before, during, and after school.
- Students are not to litter the parking lot.
- Any inappropriate behavior with the vehicle will result in the loss of driving privileges and/or towing of the vehicle at the owner’s expense.
- Students are not to park in teacher or visitor spaces at any time. Students cannot park in front of the building. Student permits must be visible at all times while on school grounds.
- Bicycles should be parked in the racks located in the front of the building; there is to be no parking on sidewalks or blocking of doors to the building.
- Students who fail to uphold these conditions will be subject to the discipline code, loss of parking privileges, parking fines, and the possibility of their car being towed. The cost of towing a vehicle, will be the student’s responsibility.
Students who do not have a Period 1 class maay request a different lot pass from the Dean of Students. If the request is granted, additional rules and guidelines must be followed.